Link to Project 5:
For project five I wanted to be ambitious and try something new. I combined two ideas together: quizzes and animation. I originally wanted to do a 2d short film of one minute, however I realized that the amount of drawing and coloring I had to do would not be possible within the time limit given. While in the brainstorming process I created a background, sketches and filmed myself which later on helped with deciding the final outcome.
Process for Animated Clips
- Idea. 5 stages of life
- Collect references that represent the five stages I had in mind.
- Sketch the key poses for the animation
- Refine the line work
Process for the Quiz
- Search for inspiration on youtube and trivia games
- Choose color theme
- Add copyright free audio to match the trivia theme
- Add voice over for timer
- Create templates for the quiz on procreate
- Add questions and answers
Process for Video editing.
- Add all files into premiere pro and arrange music and clips.
- Adjust the speed of the countdown, correct the pitch
- Duplicate the countdown
- Adjust clip time for the Hint image.
Lastly, upload the video to youtube.
Struggle: I struggled to color 40 drawings. Changed the approach to be more productive by focusing on having clean linework.
By Lady Diaz