Sp21-P1 About Me: Melvin Stratis.

You all can call me Mel!  Firstly, I’d like to give you a little background. I’m 30 years old and was born and raised here in Oregon. I went to Lowell Highschool and graduated in 2009. In Highschool, I participated in a lot of sports. I wrestled and ran track. While I wasn’t in sports, I was really involved with the coir and music the program. I sang tenor, played a variety of instruments, primarily guitar and bass. After I graduated, I went on to get a normal job at Carl’s Jr and wanted to go to LCC. A few months later, I put my application in to LCC and got accepted. I jumped around college a lot struggling to get my AAOT in music for a year and a half. After finishing math, writing, and some elective courses I decided to take a break and go back into the work-force. After considering I had a kid on the way, I wanted to just focus on him and a full-time job at-the-time. I started off working Temp jobs that weren’t very consistent. Eventually, Value Village hired me on full-time for 3 year until they shut-down, and I had to go work for Walmart right afterwards. After working for Walmart for quite some time I decided I’d go back to school and try out Automotive, but that didn’t work out too much for me. So, I decided to take yet another break from school to try and figure out what I wanted to do. So, last spring I began painting and flagging throughout the year. This brought me here to LCC yet again, so here I am hoping to get my degree in multi-media arts.