About Me-Tyler Murphy

Writing an “About Me” is usually tough for me. I have not yet found who I am as a person but I have gotten very close! My name is Tyler Murphy. I was born and raised in Eugene Oregon. Growing up I always played sports and was not into the arts at all. That changed whenI was 16 and received a Canon T6 Rebel for christmas. I did not realize how much of an impact that camera would have on my life until the spring of 2020. Going towards the end of senior year I had six different scholarships to go play college football. However, the world had other plans for me. With the effects of Covid-19 road to college football ended. I had picked up my camera again once quarantine started after two years and fell in love, earning a job offer in Miami during the summer of 2020. As I started to realize the uncertainty of a college football season I decommitted from the school I was planning to attend to play football at and took the job offer that I received from my photography. This ended up being the best choice I have ever made in my life. I ended up moving to Miami (where the company is located)  living there for two months making pit stops in Austin and Las Vegas and Portland all for my photography . In that 3 month span I was able to take photos of social media celebrities, ride in private jets, go deep sea fishing catching a shark and a Goliath Grouper which weighed 300 pounds! In those two months I learned more about myself and what I wanted to in my life then I had known in the last 18 years. After finishing the Lane Media Arts program I want to enroll in one of the world’s most elite digital media programs, hopefully Parsons in New York and eventually start my own multimedia production company. I know that by doing this I will be able to put all of my passions into multiple projects truly showing who I am as a person.

2 thoughts on “About Me-Tyler Murphy

1. Chandlor Henderson

Hi Tyler. I liked hearing about your story. I understand how nomad-artist life is, and how life-changing it can be. I would love to see some of your art, although I know we will see it in the duration of this class. If you have any interest in journalism I manage The Torch and would love to collaborate on an internet exhibit. I look forward to this class.

2. Taylor

Wow! What an incredible journey. How did your photography get recognized? Do you post all of your photos on a social media platform? Did you take that portrait of yourself in the post? If so, It looks amazing! I love the use of movement and sunshine in the photo. I hope to get to know you better through this course.