Dress Up | Sp20 Final project

This class went by so fast, maybe it was because I was happy to edit again. And I can’t wait to see everyone’s projects! 

For my final I wanted it to focus on something that I am very passionate about, and share it with all of you.

I deal a lot with anxiety and depression, and due to Covid, racism, and recent trauma from a very toxic friend, this year has been very overwhelming. But throughout all these struggles, cosplay has helped me get through it for so many years. For those who don’t know, cosplay is a mix between the words costume and play, and it is the practice of dressing up as a character from a movie, book, or video game. But this hobbie let’s me express myself in a creative way.

But for my final I wanted to show my daily life, and me living with depression. Everything feels like there’s no color in the world. And the scribble animation is done by yours truly, and this is what anxiety looks like to me. And by the end of the video, when I get into the full cosplay, it shows it bringing color back into my life.

For this project, I wanted to show that when things feel down, doing what makes you happy, like art, sports, cooking, music, and even cosplay, will help cope with your day to day struggles. And I hope a lot of people got the message in this project. 

I’m sad that covid got in the way of attending this class in person, but overall, I really enjoyed it, and I enjoyed watching everyone’s creations. It was nice to get to know everyone, and If any of you want to talk , feel free to send me a message. Anyways, I hope your day is good. Stay safe, and stay healthy. -Gyllian

19 thoughts on “Dress Up | Sp20 Final project

1. Baillie Robinson

I really like your video! I think its amazing you love to cosplay and how much it means to you. I feel like we usually never see how personal cosplay is for people. Thanks for sharing~ also! I really liked how you edited the whole transformation with the layering of footage!

2. fmwhatsapp

COVID -19 has done too much damage to 2020 and the current racism is tearing down to ashes but still we stand united to fight it. More strength to you!

3. Anne

This is so good! I am crying — your filming, editing and acting are all really effective at conveying emotion. The hope in your expression and how the characters and color bring it to life at the end are perfect.

4. Traci

You have a great eye for shooting and editing! Also acting! This was very engaging and I could definitely feel how you are feeling just by watching this. I can tell you put a lot of time and heart into this and it really shows! Amazing job and I look forward to seeing what else you do!

5. Joseph Luke

For school we have to do a project on ‘power dressing’, and we have to relate it to feminism.

We have to make a hypothisis which is, ‘Woman much ‘power dress’ in the workplace, as they are judged more harshly than their fellow male workers on what they wear.’

6. baby pillow case set

Thanks for sharing. Perhaps your experience will be useful to someone. I cope with self-isolation in my way. I love to cook. And that supports me. Now I’m planning to purchase a new stand mixer. Kitchen appliances are my passion.

7. accent pillow case

8. WAQAR

This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works. SEO Consultant

9. SEO Services

wwoww!!!!

This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works.

10. culickgen

Несмотря на то, что лицензия Кюрасао дает право легально работать в сети интернета, украинское казино Космолот https://цмхо.com.ua/ на гривны предлагают осуществить вход на сайт с помощью современных мобильных устройств. Игровые автоматы остаются точной копией продуктов официального сайта со всеми возможными привилегиями и функционалом.

11. GB WhatsApp

Thanks for giving great kind of information. So useful and practical for me. Thanks for your excellent blog, nice work keep it up thanks for sharing the knowledge