F18-P4 Audio: DJ Ghost Halloween Spooktacular!

I wanted to make a radio show with not only a radio-play story segment, but a little song as well. This of course needed a little bit of a framing device and that’s where I came up with DJ Ghost to help tie things together. This is supposed to be a little look into an ultimate Halloween spectacular radio show, that has a few references for the keenest eyes to find. I wanted to draw the audience in with an interesting story but move post it a little quicker than normal, figuring that we all know the main tropes. I felt comfortable moving past them quickly in order to resolve the story. With a tease at the end which helps sell the story as an ongoing serial of sorts. I also added some typical Halloween style sounds to the tracks to help further emphasize the spooky but fun part of this special. The second part, the song, was mostly meant to poke fun at how gimmicky most holiday songs, outside of Christmas, really are. I wanted to have fun with it though, and recreate the most common themes of the genre along with my own thoughts on it to bring my own flavor to the genre. Planning out this project made it much easier to achieve what I wanted throughout. Instead of worrying about where things went, instead I just got to think about the sounds presented and how I wanted things to go, which was super helpful I think.  I also wanted people to laugh with this faux-radio special so I’m really hoping that I achieve that when we do our critiques.

Attribution:

Music:

The Graveyard – Loyalty Freak Music-

The Old Witch Place – Loyalty Freak Music

Classic Horror 2 Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Spellbound Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)

SFX:

Found on Soundbible.com

Bats in Cave – Mike Koenig

Footsteps on Cement – Tim Fryer

Heavy Rain – Daniel Simon

Rain Inside House – Mark DiAngelo

Sqeaking door-Sarasprella

Thunder – Mike Koenig

4 thoughts on “F18-P4 Audio: DJ Ghost Halloween Spooktacular!

1. MaKayla

KYLE THIS IS AMAZING!!!! I have no critiques to give, it flowed really nicely, and I love your different voices. This was a really creative idea, and I think it worked out great! Your sound throughout was very consistent and it sounded like it could be on the radio. Fantastic Job!!!

2. Lucien

Nice work! The audio quality was fantastic, the mix is very clean with little to no fades ins and out which are abrasive. The detail with the characters is great, along with the voices. Reminded me of Scooby Doo. Good work no doubt!

3. Ashley Riles

Great job! I can tell you put a lot of work into this. I thought it was pretty funny and you used a lot of different voices. Right in time for Halloween too!