Blog Search: Film Courage

Part of getting invested in any field is finding resources to help you gain more knowledge of the subject. I decided to spend some time looking for just such a place. After a little looking I found a ton of sites and blogs specifically designed to teach and inspire, but none were nearly as neat as the site Film Courage – http://filmcourage.com/blog/– I love how much info there is about filmmaking in here: Everything from screenwriting tips, to lighting setups, all the way to acting. There’s so much here, and a lot of it is in video form with timestamps directing you to exactly what you’re looking for. It’s well designed too; I never have the sense that I can’t find what I’d like to see. Film Courage definitely wanted to have a clean design, and I believe they succeeded.

Watching through the various videos and browsing the text content, I believe there is a ton of useful information. There are interviews from actual filmmakers, scriptwriters, cinematographers, and more! The best way to gain knowledge is to learn from masters in their field, and Film Courage is chalk full of them. My favorite thing about the internet is that you can reach and listen to anyone now days, but the trouble can be finding the most qualified people. Film Courage makes it incredibly easy to find people who know what they’re talking about, so all you have to do is watch and listen.

Such as this article here – http://filmcourage.com/2018/09/04/staying-in-the-game-surviving-as-a-working-screenwriter-in-hollywood-a-night-with-mark-sanderson/– Which is not only a long article but you can actually watch a 2 hour speaking series about this guy, Mark Sanders, and his journey through becoming a successful screenwriter. This is not something I would have probably seen organically but it’s so interesting, I’m glad it’s on this site. http://filmcourage.com/2018/02/08/writing-web-series-getting-something-nathan-alan-bunker/– This article is a Q&A with a man who wrote a web series and interviews him about how he went about it. Which is another valuable article I probably wouldn’t have seen if I didn’t have this website. I will for sure be following this blog from now on, and I hope it has something for you as well!

3 thoughts on “Blog Search: Film Courage

1. Chris Ortloff

First off this was a very interesting to read about and I plan on continuing to read more about it. I like how you put why you like this topic and i found it quite helpful. The only thing that i wold have liked is to see a picture of the home page or something from the blog that people can see. I just feel like it would help attract people to read more about it if they know what it looks like.

2. Monica Bustos

Hi Kyle, thank you for sharing this blog with us! It’s very educational and the skills can be applied in our school assignments and in our professional life. I really enjoyed the way you wrote about your blog, it was very professional and pleasant, which made it easy to read. The blog you chose was one of the ones who stood out the most to me, since I can learn a lot from it and I have friends who are passionate about film making as well, so they might enjoy it too. Great job!

3. Isiah Mowery

This blog was super great and going to extremely useful in the future to acquire more knowledge on subjects in future classes and easy to learn with different types of ways to learn it with them having a youtube page as well as a blog.