Blog Search: Art of VFX

art of vfxThe blog I decided to write about is called Art of VFX.

This blog is all about the special video effects (VFX) implemented in movies and tv shows. I think this is really cool because VFX combines computer animation with live-action recording to fabricate truly unique and lifelike experiences for the audience to watch! Some of the coolest stuff this blog has to offer are interviews with VFX artists, as well as behind-the-scenes VFX breakdowns to show how these effects were created. For example, there’s a neat video showing all the layers of filters and animations that were used to create the effects in the latest Jurassic World movie. The end result looks nothing like the initial raw camera footage! Having behind-the-scenes breakdowns can be useful for getting inspiration to create one’s one VFX! As far as presentation, the blog site is pretty good. There’s a home page with the latest posts, and it’s easy to find the different categories. The content, however, is okay. The VFX breakdowns are usually brief videos that only skim the surface of the work done, but it still is nice to have them all compiled into one website for casual browsing. The interviews, on the other hand, are very in-depth, and sometimes the complement the videos. For example, one of the interviews is on José Manuel Weil who was the VFX Supervisor for the same Jurassic World movie mentioned earlier. I highly recommend anyone who is interested in this kind of thing to check out this blog and get some inspiration!

2 thoughts on “Blog Search: Art of VFX

1. Chris Ortloff

This is a really cool blog. I really love how it talks about some of my favorite movies and how they were edited. I love knowing what go’s on when it comes to editing big production films. very nice.

2. HL

This blog looks very interesting. I love learning about special effects and this looks just like the website I need. I also like watching a music video or a clip and then watching the behind the scenes for it.