Snowed Inn

For this project I wanted to create an old time radio program feel. You can hear when the radio host is talking a low tone buzzing, I put that in because I think it adds to the old school audio production feel. Then I wanted to add a cheesy advertisement at the end because that’s one of the best parts of old fashioned radio. Trying to give direction to my voice actors was interesting. I mostly kept reminding them to enunciate more, so we could understand what they were saying.

The thing that required the most fine tuning was all the layers of noise in the flashback to the last episode track. In that portion I have 7 different noises. Adjusting them all so they didn’t blow out or over power the actors voice was time consuming. I know this track is a little short, but I feel with what I put into it that its OK. I also thing that it ended in a nice place. If I were to add to it, I’m not sure which direction I would head in. Each portion of the audio I created and edited separately, then I combined them together. I tried doing it all in one long track at first, but with all the different audio it got messy really fast. All in all, I am happy with what I accomplished. I think its pretty alright for being my first audio piece.

Fun Fact: After I came up with the cheesy title, “Snowed Inn” for the radio story, I looked online to make sure I wasn’t stealing someones title. I found that their is an actual Inn named Snowed Inn, and its in Killington Vermont. I think it adds to the story, and I couldn’t have planned a better play on words.