Trip to the Sea

So, this assignment was done with a story that came from my brain, with most of the characters mentioned, save for two (Tammin & Ros), also coming from my brain. The two that didn’t, belong to my best friends. I’ve been writing this story as a role-play with my friend Ethan for the past few years, and this is an excerpt from some long, chapter-like sections we created due to the characters being apart for a long period of time. I jumped on this idea, because I’m passionate about the characters that I create. That’s why I’m in multimedia design. I want to be able to bring my characters to life, in ways other than words on a screen. This allowed me to do that, and it feels wonderful.

For those curious, the story centers around Feris and Ros, two orphans who meet on the streets and are eventually picked up, raised & taught for a bit by a generous, wealthy magic user named Silver. After a couple months, however, the mansion they live in burns to the ground, and they get separated. Thinking the other has died, they go their separate ways. Ros, a sneaky character, becomes a vigilante in a desert town far to the south. Feris stays in her hometown of Gladell and eventually becomes the student of an old friend of Silver’s, Victor. After this audio recording, the two are set to reunite in the ocean city of Lullin, where their adventure together really gets set in motion.

I’ve got to say, this assignment was a blast. I had a bit of a rocky start with recording my voice, because I was nervous. But once I got started, it turned out being really fun! Adding the music and sound effects to my project ended up giving it another layer that I really enjoyed. I will admit, I could have done a little better with the narration, but overall I think this came out really well. It is a little long, but I think it’s worth listening to. I hope you enjoy!

-Azlyn