F15-P4 Audio

F15-P4 Audio

For this assignment I decided to tell a story with sounds. My story is a dance competition from the dancer’s point of view. I tried to make the sounds that a dancer would hear on stage because it is very different from the dancer’s perspective then the audience. On stage you can hear only what you are doing at the time. If there is music, then you will only hear the musics beat. I didn’t use music for this project because I thought it would be nice to hear just the taps. I recorded all of my sounds, the announcer, tap sounds, crowd applauding. My brother is the announcer, I did the tap dance, the crowd was at a music concert I went to on Tuesday. I used Audacity to record and organize the project. The picture is of my own tap shoes, they are the Block brand with flex soles. Flex soles means that they are flexible in the middle of the shoe. This was a fun project and I enjoyed working with and figuring out sounds. I had a hard time finding a place to put the computer to record because my tapping was so loud. It was a fun project.