Personal Blog – About Me

Hello! My name is Laura Hale and I’m a student here at LCC. I’m studying to get my associates in Multimedia. My interests include writing, audio production, film and voice acting. I actually began this degree about four years ago but decided that I did not want to start pulling out loans when the economy in Oregon crashed especially for young people straight out of high school. So I decided to obtain a scholarship and life experience through the United States Air Force. While in the Air Force, I learned to work as a team with other people striving for a goal. I was even given opportunity to lead my peers as my skills increased and my confidence became more apparent. I am happy to put these new experiences to good use in the field of media once I graduate in a couple of years.

My main goal is to become apart of a movie or TV production team, or a sound engineer for cartoons. I believe in learning the what makes a machine tick or in this case, the production of images and video. My absolute dream is to be a voice actor for a children’s cartoon some day, I recall my childhood heroes that pulled me through troubled times and I decided somewhere along the way, I wanted to be one of those heroes. I look forward to expanding my skills with the teachers and other students, also learning more about the media world. Story telling has been my joy since I was able to hold a pen.