When We Were Cats.

I needed to show myself I could do it.

When coming up for ideas on what to do for this project, I wrote off one that I deemed too complicated and excessive. Every other idea felt dull in comparison, and the whole thing started to leave me feeling defeated without even starting. 

I mentioned the project to a student that had previously taken the class, and they excitedly showed me what they had created. It was beautiful. I felt emotional, and that’s when I knew I had to push myself. The worst possible outcome wasn’t the worst thing that could happen, and this would be a great opportunity to see what I could pull off.

So, for the first time, I built a small set. I stuck to the plan that was created. And it worked out. I’m still surprised and residing in a fog of chaos and daze, but I’m writing that off as a mindset shared by speedrunning multiple projects.

There are definitely a few things that I would do differently, but overall, I’m happy with what I accomplished in such a short amount of time. And it gave me a great excuse to look into different effects and things of that nature in quite a few Adobe programs. 

by: Erin Schooley