The North Wind & the Sun

By: Jeremy M. Roman

My intention with reading this Aesop’s fable was to create a recording of the story that my children, or other children in my life, would enjoy listening to. I enjoyed recording The North Wind & the Sun, as well as providing the sound effects of the North Wind blowing. That was achieved by recording myself making the noise of wind blowing and replacing the parts where I had to take a breath with the last few seconds of audio, but in reverse. The music I used for the recording was “Magic” by drób, which I found on freemusicarchive.org. I had originally recorded an alternate story, but the one I initially recorded I ended up finding difficult to record or think of sound effects for, so I chose one that I felt would work better for this project. I enjoyed working on this project, in part, because it lines up well with what I would love to do once I get my degree, which is to be able to do voice acting. I also enjoyed the process of editing the audio itself, and would love to learn more about how to be an audio engineer.