About me

Hello, my name is Fedya. I use he/him pronouns. My favorite color is green, my favorite food is tom kha, and my favorite movie is The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. 

I have been drawing my whole life, but I only took it seriously recently.  Recently as in the last 3 years. I want to become an animator for TV shows and movies. My overall goal is to be a director, so I can have a say in the music as well. 

I have also been playing the violin my whole life so it’s been instrumental to me. My mom made me start playing when I was three. I like writing music, I am just bad at finishing them because I need more musical knowledge away from violin. I am planning on being self taught or going to study composition after this. 

My other hobbies include backpacking, writing, reading and running (even though I’m not so good at it.

I also work in nursing, and I started just out of highschool. It’s taught me a lot about the world and about myself. Nursing means a lot to me because I was struggling with my mental health when I applied. It taught me how to be empathetic and show how to care for others through my actions. Which is something I’ve always struggled with because of my mental health issues. 

I am a dreamer. I like to grow. I am a firm believer that if you are given the chance to learn and improve, you should take it. When I see other people who have an incredible skill, I simultaneously congratulate them in my head and then push myself to be better. Such as drawing, or music, or knowledge about things I don’t know about. The skills that I focus on the most in my own life are specifically animation and music, because if I let myself do more than a few things I would become overwhelmed by the amount of things I set myself to accomplish.

By: Fedya Lockwood