Flamingo! – Mary K

Here is my P6 Final Project, Flamingo!

For this project I wasn’t 100% sure what I wanted to do, but I remembered about the song Flamingo by Kero Kero Bonito and thought “Hey maybe I can make an animation for this song”. So thats what I did. I chose to do an animation because I want to get some more practice animating and also just drawing in general. I’m not 100% happy with the project as a whole, but I think I did well for knowing little to nothing about editing in Premier Pro.

For the music I used a remix, because the remixer allows their music to be used as long as they get credited, and because it was groovy. For the first scene, I wanted to Rotoscope myself, but ran out of time so I just left it in as is. For the rest of the video, I animated the scenes in Photoshop along with some extra touches & movements using keyframes/sfx in Premier. Most of it was just simple hand-drawn animations, but I did do Rotoscoping for the dancing part. I added shrimp all throughout the video to add to the theme of the song more, and because I thought it was kind of funny in a dumb way. For some of the text, I wanted it to look like it was shiny, so I used Lighting Effects in Premier and made a rectangular mask that I keyframed to move from left to right over the text to give it that shine effect.

Overall I had a lot of fun with this project and I definitely want to try to make something like this again. ?

For the sources that were not mine, here is what I used: