About Me

Hello, I’m Doran Simpson. I was born and raised here in the Springfield-Eugene area.  I’m a technical drafting student here at LCC, and I’m taking this course to diversify my skill set. Although I’m not in the media arts program, there is some overlap between it and my field. As a drafter, I create technical drawings and annotated layouts for manufacturing or architecture. While it’s necessary to follow strict guidelines and standards when creating drawings, there’s still some artistry that goes into the process! Your drawings should be easy to understand but still convey all necessary information, and a good drawing is visually appealing too.

I have a love for all things electronic; I enjoy working with computers and playing video games. A hobby of mine is to start with an older video game, maybe 10-20 years old, and install 3rd party modifications that alter the game in various ways, improving the graphics or the gameplay. Since these modifications are usually all designed by different people within the game modding community, they don’t always play nicely with each other, so getting a large list of modifications to load correctly together without any conflicts can be like assembling a puzzle. It is a very rewarding feeling to start with a game that is over a decade old, and through judicious application of mods, bring the game’s graphics and mechanics up to par with modern titles.