Road Trip Nation

There are only two UX designers that I could find on the Road Trip Nation website. Meet Momcilo:

Portfolio thumbnail from Road Trip Nation

Momcilo’s path to UX design echoes many other’s own journey: They stumbled into it. Realizing they enjoy the dynamic problem solving that UX design is. In his own words, Momcilo’s milestones:

“My road in life took a while to figure out.”

As a kid, I was always artistic and good at drawing, but I knew I wanted to work in the computer industry.

“Graduated from a technical high school and enrolled as an applied studies of electrical and computer engineering major in Belgrade, Serbia—dropped out during my second semester.”

“I decided to give myself one more shot and study something that would suit my artistic and technical talents, so I enrolled as a graphic design major. After graduation, I did a few internships before landing a job as a graphic designer in major computer retail. A friend invited me to work for a start-up as a side project and I realized I liked solving business problems and thinking about business through a design mindset. Worked my way up to become a design manager working on digital product design. Got a job working for Kontrast Design Studio as a product designer on projects related to the education industry, including doing UX design for Roadtrip Nation.”

by, Sarah Stuart