Things to Know About This Elizabeth in Particular

by: Elizabeth Sliwa

Hello and welcome!

First and foremost I go by Elizabeth and use They/Them pronouns. I’m not originally from Oregon; having been born in Maryland when my mom was stationed at Bethesda. So I’ve lived in a few different places from when she was still in the Navy but Eugene has by and far been the place we’ve lived the longest.

Now you may think that by having reached the tenderly awkward age of 24 I’d have a better idea of what I want to be doing with my life by now. But uh, that would be incorrect. Before being at LCC I was enrolled at Champlain College out in Burlington, VT for Game Art and Animation. While I learned a lot during my time there the program was overwhelmingly stressful. Ultimately there were a lot of problems that coalesced into me getting burnt out and needing to leave and come back to Oregon.

It’s not all bad though. Because of attending Champlain, I’m rather familiar with using programs such as:

• Photoshop
  • Illustrator
  • Adobe Animate (Which was previously Adobe Flash when I learned it.)
  • After Effects
  • Autodesk Maya
  • Autodesk Mudbox
  • Unreal Engine

I still want to do something art-related in spite of all that. Art in its many forms is something that’s always been dear to me. It provided a way for me to express myself and connect with others where my own abilities to do so often fell short. Video games were another one of those avenues and is something that I’ve come to have even more love for after learning the in’s and out’s of game development. At the end of the day, I want to be able to create things that tell stories others are able to connect to and enjoy.