The Search for Small

By Anne Starke

I can’t remember exactly what Teresa said in our Zoom class while she was telling us about our final project, but it inspired me to make my final project be about something that has brought me joy during these interesting, turbulent times. Life during quarantine has been an emotional roller coaster, but I have discovered small moments of joy and peace while working in my garden. These moments surprised me because even though I’ve been an experimental gardener for years I’ve never noticed how the garden makes me feel, literally, happy while I am in it. So I set out to capture the cuteness of small things in hopes of conveying some of the joy and peace I feel when I engage with them.

I shot the video on a couple of different digital cameras, experimenting with focal lengths and discovering which camera is best for getting down into the plants. Filming allowed me to engage with the plants and bugs in a new way; all of a sudden the caterpillars were interesting subjects rather than evil destroyers who must be eradicated (although I must confess to murdering them after filming them). Interestingly, I often saw more bug activity when viewing the film later than what I saw in real life. I put the video, music and sound effects together in Premiere Pro. It was fun to learn and I know I just barely scratched the surface of what it is possible. The music came from the YouTube Music Library and the sound effects from freesound.org.

I enjoyed this form of expression a great deal. It has definitely inspired me to learn more and continue taking classes in multimedia design.

18 thoughts on “The Search for Small

1. Victoria Carrasco

This was very peaceful to watch, your garden is so beautiful. All of the close up shots looked so good. The lady bug and last shot were definitely my favorite.

2. Application Essay

The thing you said, THE SEARCH FOR SMALL it’s yet indeed deep one. It’s really a nice and creative project of yours. How many grades did you get for this? do let me know please. I really want to know. This one without a doubt a good one!

3. logo experts

On the off chance that you scan for various logo plan organizations, at that point you will discover many, however on the off chance that you are scanning for an expert logo structure offices, at that point there are only a couple, and we are one of them

4. macsimaveryan

В популярном онлайн казино Джокер https://thejokers.win/ на гривны может начать играть любой пользователь, который достиг 18-летия и прошел регистрацию аккаунта с помощью социальных сетей или электронной почты.

5. cheap english assignment help

At IndigoBlue, we utilize an alternate methodology: we center around getting stories as little as they can be, yet no littler. The procedure of story refinement is in this way effectively the specialty of discovering approaches to convey something littler which is as yet complete and still offers some incentive. At the point when this is done, there will in any case be stories that are excessively huge – perhaps stories that will take different runs to finish. This is frequently obvious toward the beginning of an undertaking, where the principal venture is from nothing to the littlest complete, start to finish framework.

6. anniversary gifts list for boyfrend

7. linen cushion covers

8. WAQAR

This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works. SEO AUDIT

9. Viva Tv

Thanks for giving great kind of information. So useful and practical for me. Thanks for your excellent blog, nice work keep it up thanks for sharing the knowledge