Living As A Human

Audio Project “Living As A Human” A poem by Erin Hanson

For my audio project, I decided to read the poem “Living As A Human”, by Erin Hanson. She is a young Australian poet who is in her early twenties. I love most of her poems and am often surprised by her insight.
This was a fun project and I look forward to doing more. I had a few issues along the way but it worked out. I had to write in code to get my computer to allow Soundcloud to use my microphone. Who knew?! I was able to record myself and then added music by Chronotope Project. I was listening to the radio a few months back and really liked what I heard. I had Siri listen and tell me what song I was listening to. I looked him up and sent him an email asking him if I could use his music for my project. Turns out he is a local and his wife teaches at LCC! Small world. If you like meditative music, you should check it out.
I also tried making my own music with my Kaossilator, which is an electronic instrument with a touchpad. It has hundreds of built-in options plus the added bonus of being able to upload and store your own sounds. I had fun with it but ultimately had to ditch the idea because I’m still learning my new gear. I can make sound effects at home but I need to learn the ins and outs of my new(ish) computer before I can really make it work. I might even sell some sounds at some point. I love having fun with my electronic instruments.
I looked at a lot of sites to find sound effects. Wow, the world wide web is a big place. It sure is easy to get lost in everything there is to see.
I utilized sound effects from soundeffectsplus.com. They’ve got a lot of fun stuff and it’s nice and organized, especially compared to some of the other free sound effects sites. I’m looking forward to creating more sounds! Except I probably won’t read anything. I don’t like the sound of my voice. Hahaha

8 thoughts on “Living As A Human

1. jimila

I like the background music that you chose for your content, it is perfectly matching. I also like you tone to read this poem, especially the beginning of the poem, I think it would make it better if you can slow a bit in reading some part of the poem with a changed tone with more mention.

2. Kristen Chunn

This was such a nice and calm audio! I really enjoyed the music that went along side this poem. I found it to be very calm and relaxing to listen to! Great work !!

3. Traci Crimmins

I really enjoyed your project. It sounded very polished and the pacing was perfect. I agree with Jimila that some parts could have been a bit slower to match the feeling of the piece, but I don’t think that anything really needs to change. Solid choice and production!

4. Jones Jr and Tyson

Jones vs Tyson Fight live Stream are still a big deal in the boxing world and their fight has got people conflicted over whether it’s something they’d want to watch and whether or not it should be happening all together.

In their primes, Jones Jr and Tyson were special fighters who transcended the sport. They both left legacies that will live forever but the lure of the ring has brought them back for one last dance

5. NFL Game Live stream

NFL Game Live stream(NFLStreams) There are various other intriguing contributions in America’s Football Life. Classics re-show significant games so you can remember the highs of your groups most astounding triumphs or simply wonder about incredible plays. The NFL Top 10 is an inventive show checking down a rundown of ten things. Points have remembered the most critical exchanges for draft day, the most energizing games in awful climate, the most noticeably terrible foul-ups, records that will never be broken and end zone festivities. Regardless of where you are, get your fill of all things with the NFL Streams Reddit.