MUL Audio Project

by Jimila

Although I had some difficulty to record my voice as Audacity does not record somehow, I was able to record from my home and imported the sound. I enjoy the process of looking for the effects of sound and identifying the right feeling sounds matching the content. It is a journey to explore Tibetan culture for me as well.

The content I reading in the Audio is from a child book Pola’s Flower, one of my son’s books. I am so glad to do the project to convert some of my reading into audio. I would be so proud to share it with my son later when he starts school next year.

Pola’s Flower is a true story based on a Tibetan girl and her family. Since the Chinese occupation of Tibet, ten of thousands of Tibetan Children have fled their homeland. Many of them without their parents. These youth risk imprisonment, injury, and death in a perilous journey across the Himalayas in search of cultural, religious and educational freedom. My husband was one of them who tried to cross the Himalayas on his foot ended with being torched and jailed for months. My son is born in the United States, free land of religion, apart from our motherland, but we will let him remember what Tibetan culture means and what Tibetan history is through learning its language and reading him books.

Tibet is one of the most beautiful places where I have been and Tibetans are some of the most kind people who I known in the world. they practice compassion into their daily life, even without a bad thoughts towards to their enemies who were taking their country. They have living proof that the goodness in their hearts is the most important thing, which we will pass on to our son.

I really like this book as it is a way to tell the culture and life in Tibet ,as well as its history. This book is written by Diana Lynn Nadeau, who has had ten years of intensive training in Tibetan Buddhism. She is also a a Certified Mediator. The illustrator of this book, Lobsang Gyatso, who is a very good friend of mine and my husband’s hometown mate. He is a local artist and he has stand at the Saturday market in Eugene.

Background music is from Tibetan Buddhism script of Maha Karuna Dharani.

One thought on “MUL Audio Project

1. Jimila

Thanks for your comment, the image, do you mean the cover image of the audio? if so, the image here is the from cover from the book. it you see there is names of the writer and illustrator.