Working with Audio: An Aesop’s Fable

The Ants & The Grasshopper

I never thought of working with audio as especially fun, but just because I may not be skilled at it doesn’t mean I can’t have fun with it! I’m finding that, as my homework projects are taking me out of my comfort zone, I am actually enjoying branching out to work with different types of media!

Choosing the subject of my audio project took a lot of thought. I had several exciting ideas, but none of them seemed ‘do-able’ enough until I settled on a simple Aesop’s fable entitled “The Ants & The Grasshopper.” I had grown up listening to and reading many variations of this story, so I was excited to make my own spin on it!

I enjoyed this story for many reasons. Technically, there’s only two main characters: the group of ants, and the grasshopper! Yet, the story itself has the versatility to be adapted with different characters and settings and still convey the same ideas. In regards to the ‘moral of the story’, I enjoy how this fable emphasizes the importance of being prompt and prepared. Unfortunately, procrastination is something I struggle with!

I enjoyed writing the script and recording my voice (and my siblings’ voices) as well. My script ended up being way too long by the time I had put all the audio together in Audition, so this version is about half the size of the original! Working on this project also took me much longer than I had planned; time was short, so I hope to keep working on the audio in the future to make it better.

As I searched for a picture for my video, I realized that the one I wanted to use was most likely copyrighted. So, I just drew my own version of the picture instead!

4 thoughts on “Working with Audio: An Aesop’s Fable

1. Tolga Erman

Pvcpets.com
    Pvc malzeme üretimi yapıyoruz. 80 micron ve 900 micron malzeme üretiyoruz
    80 – 150 micron arası Pencereciler ve Dosyacılar
    150 micron ve üzeri Termoformcular kullanmakta
    Şeffaf ve Renkli bütün çeşitleriden üretim yapıyoruz
    Nakliye bize ait
    Sipariş sürenizden sonra 10 gün içinde malzemeleriniz teslim =
    ediyoruz.
    Teklif ve termin süresi hakkında detaylı bilgi için:
    Pvc, Mono Pvc, Pvc – Pe, Pvc – Pepeelable, Pvc / Pe / Evoh / Pe,
    Pet, Mono Pet, Pet / Pe, Pet / Pe Peelable, Pet / Pe / Evoh / Pe, Vakum – Termoform, Termoform Ambalaj, Vakum Ambalaj, Plastik Ambalajlar, Endüstriye göre plastik ambalajlar, Ev ve Kimyasal Ambalajlar, Kişisel Bakım ve Kozmetik Ambalajları, Paketlenmiş Tüketici Malları, Sağlık ve İlaç Ambalajı, Yiyecek ve İçecek Paketleme, Ambalaj Çeşitleri, Düşük Yoğunluklu Polietilen (LDPE) , Polietilen Tereftalat (PET, PETE) , Polipropilen (PP) , Polisitren , Polivinil Klorür (PVC, Vinil) , Yüksek Yoğunluklu Polietilen (HDPE)

2. Greyson Yant

I really enjoyed the many voices you managed to acquire for the various characters in the story. The music and sfx helped tie it all together into a great mental picture.