Working on P6 has been a load of fun to work on even though I had to start over twice. Through this project, I was trying to show something that I’m passionate about without having my voice or myself showing in it. It was a challenge because I’ve never really done anything like this before but it was worth it. Putting the video together was a struggle at first because of the two screens. I had to be really precise about the timing otherwise the soundtrack would be off. The most difficult part about working on the P6 project was looking for examples of the reflections in real life. I would say that was the first for me because I don’t really think about what it would look like in real life until I stop and think about it. Finding the right kind of music wasn’t that hard because I could hear inside my head what other drum beats would sound well with certain movements. I decided not to do any voice over and see if I could convey the meaning with music only. A lot of the drum beats, along with movements, tell a story and that’s what the whole point of the video was. I wanted to do a video with Taiko drumming because it’s something I’m very passionate about and it’s something I grew up doing and it has been a wonderful 13 years and counting years of fun. I loved how I was able to combine two of my favorite things at the same time.
• Copyright Free Music | Epic Taiko Drum | http://www.bensound.com
• Japanese Bow: Shooting the Yumi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ5qFbIgrcY
• Japanese Samurai katana & Fighting Techniques https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXOveM7w5d8
• Performance of the Cast net fishing @ Shimanto river, Kochi Prefecture in Japan! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl503sV5YHQ
• The Rapid City Wonder – Supercell time lapse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gx-tg4V_n8
• Top 4 Cast Net Fishing – Fisherman vs. River Monsters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4U2Jab6DDQ