David Galbreath's media blog 2018-11-08 12:43:00

Five Terrible Rules To Being a Cook was more fun to shoot than edit. Editing this short movie was the first time I have ever worked with Premier or any other video editing software and I think that showed! nevertheless, I really did enjoy the creation of the project; there is just something so rewarding about creating something from nothing.

My coworkers at The Glenwood Cafe were more than willing to help me out with the filming and I couldn’t ask for better help. I personally had the hardest time trying not to laugh while holding the camera. I have been making a living out of being a cook for the past 5 years and can say that there are traits all cooks seem to have. I decided to make a satire of these traits that happen behind the scene of most restaurants.

In the post production for the video I had many ideas of what I wanted to do of fun transitions and such, but of course I have never worked in the field so my vision was far beyond what my skill could produce. I did the best I could after running into a few roadblocks to say the least (this final project was my 5th attempt at editing this video… ironic right?). I learned that editing videos requires a lot of knowledge of the software you are using, and not only that, but these programs are alwasys evolving and adding new material to use.

special thanks to Kyle and Chris for helping me with premier. YOU’RE THE REAL MVP’S!

Music source:

“Crinoline Dreams” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 Licensehttp://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

3 thoughts on “David Galbreath's media blog 2018-11-08 12:43:00

1. Hoa Mai Nguyen

David,

Great job for first time editing! You’re not the only one who had to struggle with the editing. I had no idea you work at Glenwood Cafe. Your coworkers look like a fun bunch to be with. I liked the music and the text. The text helped and let me know what was coming up ahead. Keep up the good work!

2. Alison

I really loved the humor of your video and despite you hardships, I think the finished project was worth it! I may have to come by the Glenwood cafe at some point myself to see it…

3. Ashley Riles

David was a humorous approach I love show you tuned the negatives into positives though. I can tell the recorded audio was a little out of tune with the rest of the music but besides that you did a great Job.