John Casares

Hello all! I am John Casares I’m 21 years old and am one of your fellow classmates in Introduction to Media Arts. I was born and raised in Huntington Beach, California which is a beach front city in Southern California sandwiched in between Los Angeles and San Diego (in Orange County if you know where that is). I went to my first two years of college in San Francisco and was studying Graphic Design. I loved Graphic Design and the city but had wanted to come to the University of Oregon since the beginning of high school so I packed my bags and transferred. I am now enrolled in both UO classes and Lane classes. 

I grew up in Southern California so I was constantly surrounded by the skateboarding and surfing culture. I have always loved logos and design but these type especially peaked my interest. In 2013 I started my own lifestyle clothing company with one of my best friends Taylor. Our company is called Delite USA, a clothing company that is committed to creating genuine apparel & equipment in the US that will enable artists and athletes alike to push the boundaries of their respective field. I have been running this for 4 years now and could not be more excited to see where it goes. 

Here is me in San Francisco wearing one of my companies hoodies.

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 2.33.47 PM.png