Three Minutes Gets Filled FAST!

This project provided a few challenges for me. The time constraint was far shorter than almost any video I’ve ever done. Very few of the videos on my channel are under 5 minutes. In the end I had about three and a half hours of footage collected over two days that I was just barely able to cut down to exactly 3 minutes. I had to cut out pieces that I was really attached to and really liked in order to fit the time limit and keep a steady pace throughout. It made me appreciate the skill of those who make excellent Super Bowl commercials that last only 30 seconds.

Another problem I had was with the collection of the footage. I was filming a class that I had never participated in so it was difficult for me to know where to place myself to get dynamic shots. On top of that, the venue that the students had for us to teach in was a small, confined office. This made it difficult for me to get footage without getting in the way of the students or demonstrations. I had to quickly adapt to surroundings to make sure that I got the content I needed.

By: Ryan Miller