I’ll be honest, I thought the final was due next Tuesday, so I did this project in two days, rather than in a week. Unfortunately I turned it in a bit late, however, being in a time crunch really helped me to focus on what exactly I wanted to do with my film. I had an entirely different idea going into this project, but, because of my lack of time, I had to come up with something else. My whole idea was to have a box that the viewer doesn’t get to see inside of. I thought this would provide a natural story element and a bit of intrigue. I started to storyboard and see where I could go with the idea, but I hate doing storyboards more than just about anything so I scratched it and decided to wing it. My friend and I had a blast filming this because I wasn’t entirely sure what I wanted to do with it so the whole time we were just throwing ideas out and trying different things. Because of that approach editing was a bit of a nightmare, however, I’m really happy with what I ended up with, especially given my lack of time. My goal was to entertain the viewer with humor, mystery, and good editing, so, hopefully I achieved those things.
Check it out below!