P4 HOTPOT RADIO AD

by JD Rodejo

My life revolves around being a husband, going to school, sometimes working for Lane’s Multimedia department, growing and improving my photography and cherishing my (possibly) last year of drag. My own show has gotten so much success that I cannot express my gratitude enough. Overlapping my school work with the other responsibilities I have in life makes juggling them all at the same time a bit easier. Hence, this radio ad for the next show. I purely used Audacity for both editing and recording. I have not been the biggest fan of audio editing, My AUD120 class solidified that. Mel Stark, my professor, was amazing and extremely knowledgeable about sound design but audio is just not for me. So, the most difficult part is finding the motivation to start this project. With radio ads, It is my understanding that the most important part of it is the dialogue. I wanted to put more sound effects in it but they ended up being too distracting so I settled with a background music and limited sound effects. I first started with a script to make sure all the details about the show are there, from a brief description of the show, the mechanics and how to apply to the date, time and location. I looked up upbeat music from Youtube that says no copyright/free use and I found the perfect background audio. I then went to freesound.org to grab the sound effects. The logo I used is a logo I made for the show so that was a very convenient step. I do prefer using Audition as I am more familiar with how to manipulate my voice or even add echo to some of the words I have used.