P1 About Me

Hello everyone!

My name is Jurnee Mickelson

I have lived in Oregon my entire life. Living in this endlessly beautiful state has drawn me to be creative in all aspects of my life. Growing up, I always found myself diving into some sort of art project. From photography, and mini movies, to painting and sculpting. I’ve tried my hand at pretty much all of it. I gravitated primarily towards cameras at a young age, and would recrute my family members to participate in films and video ideas. I would direct, script, write, and edit! It was a blast, and I knew I wanted to grow up, and build a career in the videography / post production field.  

Young me would be proud of my creative progress. As of 2023, I currently have my own photography business: “Jurnee Through My Eyes”. I have been photographing everything from graduation and wedding photos, to the more spontaneous pet and family sessions. I try not to limit myself and my ability to learn and add more to my portfolio.

Outside of the arts, I spend my free time with my dog Berlin. He is a German Shepherd X Australian Shepherd mix. Tons and tons of energy in that boy, and he pushes me to get outside and active. I often find myself hiking, taking trips to the beach, and going for river walks.  

Overall, my goal at LCC in the MultiMedia Design program is to graduate with the knowledge to begin to do my part in adding art to the videography, and post production world. Ideally I hope to work for a production company, or maybe even start my own. I’m leaving my options open, taking in as many opportunities as possible.

by: Jurnee Mickelson