P5 Image Editing – Kaiden Kuntz

I got too ambitious, so this video ended up taking a bit more time to edit than I expected it to. I initially wanted to do one big stop motion that had to do with associating color with music, but I realized pretty early on that I wasn’t going to have enough time to do something like that. After I realized this, I figured that I’d make it more about the 5 colors being in various situations. In doing so, I found that I was able to go about this project in a variety of ways (2D animation, live action, etc.). I came up with a few thematic ideas, and then sort of just went for it. Because I knew that I wasn’t going to have a lot of time, I decided to do things that would help lead to an abrupt cut off in the animation. For example, I chose to use a short meme that I knew would still be effective even in a short time span, and ended my first animation with a sort of absurd, random introduction to the 5th color. The 5th theme of my video mostly came from my frustration of briefly working with the clay, as my entire desk was being taken up with lights and my hands ended up being completely stained from the multicolored clay.

By Kaiden Kuntz