An Ode to Shrek 2 – P3 Audio

Image by joiseyshowaa  

When initially starting this assignment I was planning to record an Aesop’s fable, but after a rewatch of one of my favorite movies, Shrek 2, inspiration struck and I decided to utilize this project to honor a true cinematic work of art. 

I had an amazing time working on this project! My goal was to create something that was unique, silly, and fun to listen to. Though the premise for my audio project is a bit absurd, I do feel as though the lyrics tell a story of a girl trying to prove to the world that Shrek 2 is the best Shrek in the series. I composed the project in GarageBand using a Snowball microphone to record vocals and a MIDI keyboard to create the instrumentals. The project ended up becoming much bigger than I imagined, but I think that the effort was worth it.

The two most time consuming aspects of this project were writing the lyrics and mixing the many layers together so that nothing felt out of place. Overall, I feel like I succeeded in my goal of creating a subtly argumentative piece that is also an entertaining listen. I hope everyone enjoys listening to it as much as I did creating it.

By: Nina Soldati