About Me

Hello my name is Svetlana Starodubtseva and I’m 18 years old. I was born and raised in Eugene, Oregon. I’m the first one out of my entire family to be born in America. While every one of my family members was born in Russia. Hence my first and last name. This is the first year that I am attending Lane, I’m taking the graphic design program which I’m very much looking forward to. Middle school was when I started taking all of the design/tech electives and since then I’ve been very keen on becoming a graphic designer.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_0484-1.jpg

My hobbies include drawing, painting, learning to play guitar, photography, and skateboarding. Out of all of those hobbies I mainly focus on drawing. My preferred medium are colored pencils, I’ve tried branching out to other mediums but my outcomes weren’t too successful. Then if I’m not drawing I’m trying to teach myself how to play guitar. Sadly, I was not born with a musical bone in my body. But for the most part I’ve been able to grasp the basics pretty quickly.

After I finish the Media Arts program ideally I’d want to become a graphic designer and work with companies/individuals/etc… But overall I really hope to build on the skills that I already have and find ways to be more creative.

– By: Svetlana Starodubtseva