About myself

I like this photo taken a couple of years ago after I had a fresh hair cut. I like it because it captured a bitter feeling with a belief on the top of it. I believe the truth and kindness and equal rights. Nevertheless, I feel a bit sad to see where they do not exist for all of the people.

I was a journalistic TV producer for news and documentary before I moved to America, I had been worked as a producer and freelancing fixer for western media for over 10 years before I moved to America. My husband and I stetted down in Eugene 5 years ago, then we had our son. We are happy about this change as we can breathe free air here and enjoy a peaceful life as we wished. In the past years, I have been thinking a lot about where to start our new life and what I should do for our further in small scale for my family a bigger scale for the society, only recently I nail it down as I was clearly aware of continuing working in media. It is a different media age, media was massively controlled even high jacked by politicians as their tool to empower their regime even spreading fake news on their behaves to sacrificed the right of the public to know about the truth. for some authoritarian countries, it is even worse. It betrayed the basic normal line of journalism and damaged the media’s public credibility. One the other hand social media is taking the role of critical media’s function, but the public still needs its own adjustment to distinguish truth and scam.

I am so glad that I am able to come back to school to have the first step for expanding my knowledge and skills comprehensively and having myself prepared for doing media work in a new environment in the future. As I knew that it is not easy to start academic studies as a non-native English speaker, I will try my best in the following year to graduate and by then I still can see my belief in my eyes in my selfie.