About Me

Hello,

My name is Ruby Jude. This is my first year at Lane Community College, though I’ve already completed two years of college at Portland State University. I was born and raised in Portland, OR. This past September my best friend, Carissa and I got bored with our lives in Portland and moved to Eugene two weeks after the idea popped into our heads. Thus began my time at Lane. My pursuit of higher education has been a difficult path for me. I’ve changed my major about fifteen times now, and if we’re being honest I still have no clue what I want to do. In my spare time, I enjoy practicing film and digital photography along with shooting and editing videos. My goal has been to find a way to incorporate that into my schooling. Though I love the creation process for most all digital and social media and could see my self happy with honing my skills in a lot of different mediums in that field. My goal with my time taking media art classes at Lane is to supply myself with the tools needed to gain experience and work that school cannot give me. My only goal in life since I was a wee child was to be famous. As of recent this goal has morphed into simply surrounding myself with fellow creatives and see where that takes me. I’m lucky enough to be friends with local rappers, music video editors, social media influencers and the lot. I’m looking forward to my time spent at Lane this spring term and hope to gain useful technical skills to further my life plans outside of school. Thanks for reading!

By: Ruby Jude Jay-Mustafa