Flatbush Zombies Recap

This past friday I was given the opportunity as a volunteer photographer for the Wow Hall to shoot for the Flatbush Zombies. This crazy group out of Brooklyn that just recently started their US tour. I have been listening to them for over a year now and would say they are one of my favorite rap groups right now.

For every show I never have full access or “Yes you can be backstage” approval, so every time I go I have to sort of weasel my way back there. I learned so much at this show in particular because I wasnt denied backstage at first  make friends with other photographers, alway putting yourself out there. I really learned that a camera can give the impression of power. People just take you more seriously when they know you are the one capturing them in my opinion. Some dude shoved me because i accidentally bumped into him and said sorry. I turned around to realize he was 2 times my size and I asked him what his problem was and he replied “Sorry I didn’t see your camera, I over reacted.” I told him off and said it doesn’t matter what I have in my hands, be kind.

I had no idea this show was going to impact me so much, but I am glad it did. I am so exciting to continue pursuing photography.

One thought on “Flatbush Zombies Recap