ABOUT ME

Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 2.42.39 PM

Hello fellow media arts students,

My name is James Tarpenning and I am 22 years old. I am an expatriated American citizen, born in Paris, France, but left when I was very young; about 2 years old. I moved to the small country of Monaco. A beautiful country located in the south of France, right on the Mediterranean Sea. I lived and grew up in Monaco up until the point where I left to go to university in Boston, Massachusetts. I studied in Boston for two years before deciding to transfer to Oregon (which is where both my parents are originally from).

I love playing sports, first and foremost Soccer. I have a strong influence, as it is the main sport played in Europe (and the rest of the world), therefore I grew up playing every day. Despite soccer being my preferred sport, I do enjoy many other sports, such as, tennis, swimming and especially skiing down the Swiss Alps.

Growing up, I was always very fortunate being able to travel to amazing places all over the world such as Italy, Spain, Turkey and even South Africa. As I travelled, I developed a sort of addiction to experiencing different cultures and meeting new people. So, I am always excited when I am faced with the opportunity to travel.

I am also an avid music fan, having played the guitar for many years. I enjoy all sorts of genre and am surfing the web every day in search of new music. Unfortunately, I slowly stopped practicing, as I got more involved in playing soccer as well as school studies.

Here, we have a brief description about me, I hope you all find it interesting!

2 thoughts on “ABOUT ME

1. Carissa Carlin

It sounds like you have had a fun and exciting life. Traveling to different places is a lot of fun.

2. Kimberlee Trim

Your childhood sounds amazing! I did not travel internationally until I was an adult and it was the most exciting experience for me. I think it will be interesting to see which direction you go with your studies and look forward to seeing your work this term.