X4 Professional Practices – Portfolio Workshop

Brian Ross MUL 101 W15

maportfolio-poster2015-1

I was happy to attend the “Portfolio Workshop” hosted by the Lane Media Arts program. It took place in classroom connected to the chroma-key studio in building 17. I personally feel it was wonderfully organized and very interesting. The speakers were energetic and well prepared. The seminar itself was very informative to learn the intense importance of a proper online portfolio for future business ventures. Most of the speakers were either my current or past instructors, with the addition of a few future instructors. Meredith did an outstanding job as the main host, her emphasis on why having a very professional online portfolio was important. I immediately began refining my current online resume/portfolio based mainly off her advice that your clients do not want to be “bored” and have “little patience” when searching for the right freelancer.

Knowing that I am going into my second year in the program, this workshop and Meredith’s business practices class really sparked my effort in collecting every bit of my past work to present to potential employers, since I want to be a “jack of all trades” media arts freelancer, it’s important to refine some of my past work, and really showcase my current projects to my fullest potential. Jeff Gooslby spoke about how dire it is to enter into as many local art shows as possible since recognition really reflects great work ethic and ability. I did miss the deadline on the current student art show but I defiantly plan on entering the spring Media Arts showcase.

One speaker in particular (Jon Christopher Meyers) really intrigued me with is presentation and current work, I am excited to enroll in his class in the future and really refine my photography skills. I noticed he used Squarepace for his online portfolio, and since I use the same company for my own portfolio, I was able to really gain some great ideas on how to present my photography based off his examples. Jon’s work with the raptor center was fantastic and not only interesting to the viewers, but beautifully showcased with a well produced video and presentation. When I originally entered into the media arts program, I did not realize that not only am I decent at photography, but it’s a great skill to marker for clients who want a full re-branding or design work. My biggest take-away is that I want to refine my photography skills to the same level as my cinematography and concept development talents therefore a lot of photography and lighting classes are in my future as direct electives.

Though I did have a little bit more knowledge than some of the other attendees (since I am currently taking Meredith’s business practices class), I still gained a wealth of information on my current major and excitement in selling my skills in the media arts market.

I really did not find any shortcomings in the event other than the location appeared a bit cramped and there was a class directly behind us in session, my only recommendation would be having future events in the theater room located directly above the classroom.

Unfortunately, I completely forgot to take a photo of the event, but I did speak with Teresa and various instructors during the event.

I appreciate the amount of effort our instructors put into helping us succeed in this field of work and in our own personal lives.

12 thoughts on “X4 Professional Practices – Portfolio Workshop

1. super bowl 2020 online

With the help of progressively current developments, it has ended up being very easy to acknowledge Super Bowl 54 on any contraptions. Fans can watch Super Bowl 54 stream online on their Ipad, Mac, Pc, PC or any Android contraption. They can watch and check out the investigations at whatever point, any place, wherever on the planet. In this way, you can enjoy your favorite Super Bowl 54 Live Stream Online. We intended to offer the most raised characteristics Gushing organizations at the best expenses. Fans simply need to pay a little mean value the Super Bowl 54 Event-ups spouting exercises. The best part is you get access for Super Bowl 54, so you’ll be watching and following your favored gathering or competition all through the entire Event.

2. Oscars 2020 Awards Live

ABC is the official Channel for Oscars 2020. So, people all over the world can enjoy Oscars 2020 Live from ABC Official Channel. The official channel is always truster. Because only official channel gets the right to stream any event. If you want to watch Oscars 2020 you should select the ABC channel. To enjoy Oscars 2020 Live Stream, you have to confirm your subscription on ABC first. Without the subscription, you can’t enjoy Oscars 2020 Live. Therefore, don’t be late do subscribe to ABC Channel.Oscars 2020 Live Streaming online.

3. Masters Tournament 2020 Live Online

Facebook is the most popular social media. Though it is very popular, people will come to Facebook to get information about Masters 2020. Facebook also added the live telecast in recent times. In this recent time, Facebook starts high voltage event streaming. So, people can get Red off from wasting time to find Masters 2020 live streaming site. As per, Facebook is streaming Masters 2020 live, you should not find anything without Facebook. Facebook streaming is one of the best ways to watch Masters Tournament 2020 Live Online. Facebook live is an effective way to watch Masters 2020 Live. People all over the world are willing to enjoy Masters Tournament 2020 Live. Some people will come to Facebook live to show Mr. Olympia. By finding this link you can get Masters 2020 Online access.

4. Fury vs Wilder 2020 Live Streaming

There are millions of viewers are staying outside of the Au and the NZ who are not allowed to watch the Show Wilder vs Fury 2 through the Official channel. If you want to overcome this problem, you can use a VPN. By using any VPN, you can unblock any websites which are blocked by your government or the authority of those sites. At first, you need to buy a plan for a legal VPN service. After purchasing a VPN service you will be able to access the broadcasting channels of the match. You will get some new IP address of the coverage area. Then connect your VPN to the IP addresses as we will mention in below. Check it out and enjoy it.

5. Watch Onward Full Movie Online

Onward Movie will release on March 6, 2020. But fans are gating ready to Watch Onward Full Movie Online. In this era online is a big plafform to enjoy any movie. So, all the fans want to get the chance to enjoy Onward Full Movie Online. It is most easy way to get access. There are many option in online by which you can get the chance to watch and Download Onward Full Movie Online. Let’s know about Onward Full Movie Online access.

6. En avant Streaming vf

En avant Film sortira le 6 mars 2020. Mais les fans sont prêts à Regarder En avant en ligne. À cette époque, la connexion en ligne est une grande plateforme pour profiter de n’importe quel film. Donc, tous les fans veulent avoir la chance de profiter de Regarder En avant 2020 Film Complet Streaming VF. C’est le moyen le plus simple d’y accéder. Il existe de nombreuses options en ligne qui vous permettent de regarder et de télécharger en ligne le film complet en ligne. Informez-vous sur l’accès En avant Full Movie Online.

7. Onward película Completa Online

Onward es una próxima película de aventuras de fantasía animada por computadora en 3D estadounidense producida por Pixar y que se lanzará el 6 de marzo de 2020. La película será dirigida por Dan Scanlon y producida por Kori Rae y Pete Docter. Será la película número 22 de Pixar.

8. Sans un bruit 2 Film Complet Streaming

Ils réalisent rapidement que les créatures qui chassent par le son ne sont pas les seules menaces qui se cachent au-delà du chemin de sable. Emily Blunt et sa famille sont obligées de s’aventurer dans le monde pour voir comment les autres vivent tout en maintenant sa famille en vie.