P3 Professional Blog Search

A Blog by: Derek Watson

Website Link ->  http://ryanwoodwardart.com/info/about-2/

Screenshot (3)

I chose to cover: Ryan Woodward, a Storyboard Artist and Animator. He has worked in the industry for a number of years and has played a significant part in some large scale move productions and other major projects. Projects such as: The Spiderman franchise, Marvel Entertainment’s – The Avengers, and – Where The Wild Things Live, just to name a few..

Ryan’s Website; showcasing his work, offers info about his earlier years in school and all of the work he has been apart of to the present day. His art; in a mixed media of fine art sketches and cartoonish animation gives viewers quite a variety of things to look at ranging from both ends of a creative spectrum.

The majority of his work (on his website) is primarily Concept sketches and character designs.

He has an online store, offering people the option of buying past pieces that catch their eye. Or going into submitting their own personal request/s for commissioned work.

Overall I’d say that the website does a very good job laying everything out about the Artist in question. His past educational and working experiences are well accounted for and documented.

Before this assignment, I personal didn’t know much of anything having to do with “Ryan Woodward” as an artist. His was a name completely unknown to me, and yet..many of the things he has been apart of are well known among a large following of people today. Which made me realize that the name “Ryan Woodward” like so many others in the creative field who play their parts in and on big production projects is a name that most might only see at the end of the movie in rolling credits.

What I liked about doing this assignment was the chance to learn a bit more about an artist that might have otherwise remained unknown to me with no way of ever knowing his name…

“Ryan Woodward”