Eight Blessings of Akatosh Upon You!!

Hello my indigenius people! I chose to do an informational interview via email. I chose to contact Bethesda softworks, a division of Zenimax Media Company and a recognized leader in the gaming field today. I have been a fan of the Elder Scrolls franchise and the Fallout franchise for some time now and I was curious as to how one would get in the door with this company. Below is a transcript of the email communication that took place.

Message: Hello Bethesda Representative,

My name is Jose Theragood. I am a multimedia design student at Lane Community College in Eugene Oregon. I would like to ask some questions about how one would go about entering the conceptual art side of video game making. What skills sets are industry leaders such as yourself looking for in a possible employee? What kind of operational tempo does a major gaming company run at? The answers to these questions plus additional info and feedback from your company will be greatly appreciated. I will be posting this on a class blog and if there is any information that should not be posted please let me know in your reply. Thank you for your time and I hope to receive a response soon.

I really loved the way the Derrius had fun with his reply, it is little things like this that make me want to be part of a company/studio that understands the need for solid work but can also have fun

The Eight’s blessing upon ye Jose!
How are you doing? Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team! My name is Derrius, and I will be assisting you today as we work together to get this taken care of. It’s hard to define what skills to pursue, as studio needs are constantly changing and will also vary from one studio to another. Take your time in finding your strengths and passions. You do need some technical skills, but the most important thing is to bring your diverse interests and experiences to the table. Here are some resources you may find helpful in learning about the video game industry and jobs within it:
+Gamasutra: The Art & Business of Making Games, a website focused on news, features, and blogs related to video game development.
+Gamedevmap, a living catalog of game development organizations.
+Bethblog Developer Interviews, conversations with developers from various studios, many of whom talk about how they got into the industry.
+”So You Want To Be A Producer,” an episode from Penny Arcade’s series “Extra Credits.”
+Project Fun DigiPen, a site for workshops and summer programs geared toward pre-college students interested in learning the tools and techniques of game creation and other high-tech careers.
+Game Kit (Beta), a great activity website for learning the fundamentals of game design.
Also, we encourage interested individuals to send in a job application to ZeniMax Online Studios. Our job listings can be foundhere. Queries about any position not listed on the site can be sent toZOSJobs@zenimaxonline.com. If you have any other question, concerns, problems or feedback, please do not hesitate to let me know so that I can further assist you! Best of luck with your future goals in the video game industry! You can find more information about The Elder Scrolls Online on our website and social channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Google+).
Thank you for your hard work and diligence in the fight to make better games!

May Akatosh carry you to victory upon his wings,
Derrius of The Elder Scrolls Online Team.
Having had such a simple interaction and still feeling like Derrius and the Bethesda team really care about what they do inspires me to truly, actively pursue my dreams of working on an Elder Scrolls game.