Hello Everyone!

My name is Danielle, I am 34 years old. I am an artist. I work in several different mediums, including; Wire wrapping stones, painting, photography and design of all kinds. I love making all forms of art. I love to garden and I enjoy growing many things including eggplant, bell peppers, green beans, cucumbers, lavender and lots of sunflowers.

I struggle with mental health issues, finding and making long-term friends is really hard. Sometimes it’s hard just being around people for me. I have a service dog named Charlie who saved my life from addiction and homelessness. I have almost 7 years clean and have lived in my own apartment with my dog for going on 6 years now. Charlie is the best dog ever I don’t think he knows what he saved me from. He just turned 7 in August. I enjoy going on nature hikes with my dog. He really loves to swim and play ball. Charlie brings a lot of joy and happiness to my life.

I am a childhood trauma and domestic violence survivor and this is my first term back in college in 5 years. I received my AAOT from LBCC in 2013 and graduated with honors from Phi Theta Kappa. I have been through so many setbacks and traumatic situations, but I am here and ready to make myself a bright and happy future. I plan to have my own photography studio and work for myself taking pictures for people and making edits. I also want to get into making music videos, it’s been something I’ve wanted to do since I was a kid.

By: Danielle Hilliard