This is a hybrid course and will include in-class, online, and open practicing labs portions.
This course offers the rewarding experience of learning, practicing, and implementing many advanced techniques and medication administrations. The AEMT & EMTI course will teach a wide variety of topics in EMS. We will dig much deeper into illness and injury and the corresponding treatments. There will be a much heavier emphasis on understanding human anatomy and physiology, with the idea that this will improve and in many cases enable us to better understand, and therefore treat, our patients. This course is not a paramedic course; however, it does possess an intensity that is well above that of a basic class.
This is a combined AEMT and EMTI training, and we are not currently offering an EMTI only option. It is not possible to only participate in or attend the EMTI pieces of the class as they are merged with AEMT throughout the training.
You must have an Oregon EMT license to attend the AEMT training.
Immunization & Compliance Requirements: As students in a Healthcare field there are some CDC and Oregon Health Authority requirements. This does include the COVID-19 vaccinations as they are required by our clinical and field partners.
Please start collecting your immunization records. You will get details on the tracking system at your orientation.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider: Only the AHA BLS for Healthcare Provider card is accepted. We are offering CPR training for those who do not already have it. Details on our CPR training is available here: Lane EMS CPR
If you are interested in being notified when our next AEMT/EMTI Training is scheduled or for information on any EMTI trainings please add yourself to our mailing list: AEMT & EMTI Training Interest
Ready for a training? We got such interest in our Winter 2023 training, that we are looking into another opportunity but want to make sure we would have enough interest This could be March to July. AEMT/EMTI sign up list
Winter 2023: AEMT/EMTI
- January 10, 2023 to April 15, 2023
- Tuesday Lecture 6 pm – 10 pm
- Saturday 8 am – 8 pm – (class will be divided in half, meeting either morning or afternoon this day) On Campus Lecture/Lab
- Note some students will continue past April 15th to complete clinical/field shifts and to complete the required testing
Mandatory Orientation: October 18th at 7 pm
Fee: $4,300 due at the time of registration in November.
Application: Application is Closed
Spring 2023: AEMT/EMTI CORVALLIS
- March 20, 2023 to March 31, 2023 – Online pre-course work
- April 3, 2023 to June 24, 2023
- Monday 6 pm – 10 pm (1800-2200)
- Thursday 6 pm – 10 pm (1800-2200)
- Saturday 8 am – 2 pm (0800-1400)
- Note some students will continue past June 24th to complete clinical/field shifts and to complete the required testing
Mandatory Orientation: In January
Fee: $4,300 due at the time of registration in February.