It’s the end of the academic year, which means it’s time to start thinking about goals for next year. Our first set of goals will be similar to our goals from last year:
- Reduce the total number of pages on the Lane website by 5% (from 5550 to 5273)
- Reduce the number of pages with more than 15,000 characters by 10% (from 249 to 224)
- Reduce the average character count of our pages by 10% (from 4650 to 4185)
- Improve the average age of our pages (the average late updated date) by 4 months (from 16 months to 12 months)
We’re also going to add two goals relate to page use:
- Increase session counts for www.lanecc.edu during the period 6/14/17-6/14/18 compared to the previous year by 5%, from 3,228,904 to 3,390,349
- Decrease the bounce rate for www.lanecc.edu during the period 6/14/17-6/14/18 compared to the previous year by 5%, from 37.05% to 35.19%
We’ve never had page use goals like that, so this will be interesting for us as we really dig into how to increase engagement and findability of our pages.
If you’d like to help us meet our goals, just edit your pages! We’ve made a lot of progress in making our pages more recent – many pages used to be over two years old! We’re happy to help. Just email Lori and she’ll get you pointed in the right direction.