The Cross-Content Collaborations team presented “Get In the Know: What Students Learn Before Classes Start” during Fall 2019 Inservice. The session focused on helping faculty and staff learn what other departments teach students as they start their Lane experience.
One outcome of the collaboration was the creation of several quick guides for faculty and staff that may help clarify the different student populations we’re talking about and also who on campus can provide support and resources.
These guides, along with the presentation’s slides, are linked below.
- Lane’s Student Populations: https://tinyurl.com/LaneStudentPopulations
- Frontline Student Support Staff and Faculty: https://tinyurl.com/LaneFrontline
- Campus Resources: https://tinyurl.com/LaneCampusResources
- New Student Steps to Enroll Checklists (available in 1/103)
- 19/20 Financial Aid handbook: https://www.lanecc.edu/finaid/forms
- Slides from the In-Service Presentation: https://tinyurl.com/LaneStartPresent
The group will continue to work on updates to the guides as well as creating further forums for faculty and staff to discuss and ask questions about how different areas of campus interact with students (and each other!) to create a college experience.