Reading Re-awakened

Screen Shot 2014-03-21 at 12.55.50 PM

“My name is Rachelle Braiker.  I am currently a student at LCC and I also teach at Pioneer Pacific College in the Pharmacy Technician program.  I am a future elementary school teacher and have done two practicums in the 5th grade.  I am excited to share my new found knowledge of digital stories with my future students and current students.  My passions are my family, photography, cooking, reading, and singing.”

This entry was posted in Student Stories and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Reading Re-awakened

1. Jacque says:

That is very true that we get disconnected from books from today’s technology. i find my self doing the same thing. I totally understood the reading what the teacher had assigned super fast so you could get bak to your book.

2. Erin says:

I can relate to this all too well. I once loved to read but now find myself distracted by technology daily and I simply never think to put my attention toward reading. Your story grabbed my attention quickly becuase of this, and I love the visuals you chose to use. This story is one of the better I have seen when it comes to the visuals being realted to what you are talking about, and you did a great job using those visuals to drive the point home.

3. Holly says:

Rachelle,

Our stories are so much the same! Could read voraciously as a child and then the vortex of the internet and other distractions stole the passion for books. You took us through a nice up, down, up cycle. It was a true re-awakening.

Thank you for sharing what books can do for us and why it is so important for us to read. It can bring so much peace and serenity, don’t you think?

4. mega says:

5. Nagadomino99 says:

Join us at Nagadomino99 by P2Play

6. Nagadomino99 says:

Join us at Nagadomino99 by P2Play
    Thankyou

7. Nagadomino99 says:

Join us at Nagadomino99

8. Judi Kartu Online Adalah Sebuah Permainan Judi Kartu yang telah mengalami Level-up oleh karena perkembangan jaman kita saat ini. Judi Kartu yang dulunya dimainkan hanya kepada teman-teman di real life (offline) kini sudah berkembang menjadi Judi Kartu Online dimana saat ini kita bisa bermain Judi Kartu tanpa ribet dan tentunya bersama teman-teman secara Online.

9. Ion Casino says:

Ion Casino adalah sebuah agen yang menyediakan banyak permainan judi yang paling populer. Ion Casino sendiri juga sudah berdiri sejak 2011. So, jangan ragu main di ion casino ya.

10. SOBATPOKER says:

Segera daftarkan diri anda untuk bergabung dengan kami di permainan Poker Online terbaik dan terpercaya se-Asia. Salah satu situs Poker Online terpercaya adalah Sobatpoker dengan hadiah-hadiah menarik yang selalu menunggu anda dan para pencinta poker online Asia.https://sobatpokerku99.blogspot.com

11. pokerclub88 says:

online poker memang sangat dibutuhkan untuk para pemain pada bermain poker online

12. SOBATPOKER says: