Once Terrified to Try

Screen Shot 2014-03-21 at 12.52.17 PM

My name is Tim Hammett. Right now I am a student in the education program at LCC. I have done one practicum in the fifth grade and two in third grade. I am really looking forward to sharing all the great lessons I have learned about story telling through picture books and digital stories with all my future students. I love to go hiking with friends or curl up with a good book.

https://vimeo.com/89468081

This entry was posted in Student Stories and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Once Terrified to Try

1. Wendy Trujillo says:

I am also afraid to take risks but if i never take them, i will never learn from them. Teaching is something i want to pursue but i think i don’t have the skills yet. Based with what i heard, i know you will be a fun teacher and you will make sure that students will good about themselves all the time. Good Luck!!

2. Ruby Kalamas says:

Tim,

I can really relate to your story. I too, am often plagued with doubt about my future success ( or lack of) on my chosen path. My first day in the classroom helping Mary Christensen was so scary for me. I was so nervous to be in the classroom, and help out. I wasn’t sure if I would be able to help. It is easy to take the route of not trying, for fear of failure. I have learned the same lesson as you, over and over, throughout my endeavors. This video was very inspiring to me, because we are on the same path, although you are further down it. Your confidence and happiness in your internships gives me confidence for mine. Thank you!

3. Jacque Donner says:

Tim,

There are always those doubts everyone has that if they will make a good teacher. If you skills will be enough. It is what you bring to the table which makes you different than other teachers. your video was wonderful and beautiful. You Got this Tim!

4. Amiel Farfan says:

I have a similar irony. It’s good to remember there are catalyst moments that present themselves at just the right time to help motivate us to embrace our potential.

5. diyan says:

hi, this your site really useful for add information and useful to increase knowledge. please visit back and thanks

6. mega says:

thank u for sharing

7. result sgp says:

I truly appreciate your post thank you once again.

result sgp

8. Judi Kartu Online Adalah Sebuah Permainan Judi Kartu yang telah mengalami Level-up oleh karena perkembangan jaman kita saat ini. Judi Kartu yang dulunya dimainkan hanya kepada teman-teman di real life (offline) kini sudah berkembang menjadi Judi Kartu Online dimana saat ini kita bisa bermain Judi Kartu tanpa ribet dan tentunya bersama teman-teman secara Online.
    https://judikartuonlinee.blogspot.com/

9. Ion Casino says:

Ion Casino adalah sebuah agen yang menyediakan banyak permainan judi yang paling populer. Ion Casino sendiri juga sudah berdiri sejak 2011. So, jangan ragu main di ion casino ya.
    http://www.avistamientosdeovnis.com/

10. Nagadomino99 says:

Join us at Nagadomino99 by P2Play

11. Nagadomino99 says:

Join us at Nagadomino99 by P2Play
    Thakyou.

12. Nagadomino99 says:

Join us at Nagadomino99

13. AGEN POKER says:

Thanks for berbagi about this site, its look very useful article. That article are very informative and quite useful for people who like to read like. Everyrhing is very open with a really clear description of the issue.