“Shut Up and Listen!” By Tim Hammett

Screen Shot 2014-03-21 at 1.07.07 PM

This digital story was created by Tim Hammett as a member of Merrill Watrous’s EN 201 class. His fellow student Sarah had this to say about his story, “As an extrovert I had never noticed that the world caters to our unique skill of logorrhea. Why must people constantly verbally convey their thoughts verbally in order to be heard? I keep thinking back to Merrill’s video and her line, “If you tend to speak up, talk less.’ I agree that I need to leave more free space for the introverted to feel safe in their thoughts and not pressured out of their comfort zones! 1/3rd are introverts and their silence will not go unheard, in my class, or the classes any other teachers out there watching this video!”

Check out other Lane Student Success Stories at:

www.lanecc.edu/mpr/success

This entry was posted in Student Stories and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to “Shut Up and Listen!” By Tim Hammett

1. Jacque says:

Tim, I really like how you are pointing out to everyone, we are not all the same. There are people who love working in groups and people who hate it. I love how you said, ” i will not be quiet on this subject.”

2. Alizabeth Gendel says:

I really liked your story Tim. I know I have felt lost and alone in a classroom quite frequently. There are introverts and extroverts and we as teachers need to find time for both. “I will not be quiet on this subject” is a great line. Wonderfully done.

3. mega says:

thanks to sharing

4. Nagadomino99 says:

Join us at Nagadomino99 by P2Play

5. Nagadomino99 says:

Join us at Nagadomino99 by P2Play
    Thankyou

6. Nagadomino99 says:

Join us at Nagadomino99

7. Ion Casino says:

Ion Casino adalah sebuah agen yang menyediakan banyak permainan judi yang paling populer. Ion Casino sendiri juga sudah berdiri sejak 2011. So, jangan ragu main di ion casino ya.

8. Judi Kartu Online Adalah Sebuah Permainan Judi Kartu yang telah mengalami Level-up oleh karena perkembangan jaman kita saat ini. Judi Kartu yang dulunya dimainkan hanya kepada teman-teman di real life (offline) kini sudah berkembang menjadi Judi Kartu Online dimana saat ini kita bisa bermain Judi Kartu tanpa ribet dan tentunya bersama teman-teman secara Online.