P4: Audio_”Soul”

“Soul” is movie of Disney and Pixar, talking about Joe is a middle-school band teacher whose life hasn’t quite gone the way he expected. His true passion is jazz — and he’s good. But when he travels to another realm to help someone find their passion, he soon discovers what it means to have soul. I picked this scene because The Great Before (also known as the You Seminar for rebranding purposes by the Abstract Souls) is a location featured in Disney/Pixar’s 2020 animated feature film Soul as the pre-existence place of life where new born souls get their personalities, quirks, and interests before going to the Earth, it makes me feel interesting about the world that I’ve never know about it.

I did the sounds and foley the sound effects (SFX) with my friend by using Diamond room in Building 18. We spent 2-3 hours to recording the dialog and SFX. To be honest, it was tired but I had fun to work on doing Audio production, I can know more about this field. I used ProTools for recording this sound and edit in the studio but when I got home, I felt the sounds just too left and too right, so I used Adobe Audition to make the sounds more balance itself. I hope you’re enjoying this short audio.

By: Zoe Nguyen