Dan Mason – Make Me Love You

For this being my first time ever scripting and filming a music video in its entirety, I’d say I’m pretty pleased with the results.

The name of the artist who made this song is Dan Mason. I’ve been a follower of his since 2018 and I’m a huge fan of his work. This song of his was one of my favorites, so when the opportunity came to make a music video, I figured that this would be a good first run. I reached out to him in an email, and he gave me the green light to make whatever kind of video I wanted for the project. I got to work and started writing a script and planing locations for the video. After that I got a hold of my friend Aiden who was more than willing to participate in this video for me(Don’t worry I bought him dinner afterwards).

In the video, I wanted to share my perspective through a visual standpoint of how the song makes me feel emotionally. Each setting was picked due to how the area made me feel throughout the song. I also wanted there to be this clash between two opposing sides of the same character, one who is more happy and expressive(Day time footage), and the other who is more cynical and bitter(Night time footage). To really nail home that feeling, I swapped Aidens outfits during filming to let people know that his character was split, yet still the same.

I had a really fun time with this project, and I’m really looking forward to seeing what’s next for me. Huge thanks to Dan Mason an Aiden for making this video possible.

Thank you, take care – Carsen Perry