P4 Audio – Kaiden Kuntz

I was mainly hoping to tell this story in a super serious sounding way in order to emphasize the goofy joke that I decided to write for it. I have heard quite a few ‘spooky’ podcasts, so I knew what I had in my mind when I decided to go with the scary route for this assignment. The music and the sound effects were all used with this in mind, specifically because I wanted to hook the audience in order to make the lead up to the actual joke that much more effective. Overall, I think I could do a better job if I gave it another go. I feel like I have a little more experience with combining audio than I did before, so I imagine that I’d probably be able to balance the audio out in a better way. I’ve made stop motion videos where I decided to add sound effects to them, but that usually doesn’t entail too much work because each sound effect is fairly separated from one another. So, while this isn’t the first time that I’ve worked with audio, it was a bigger project and there was more overlapping of background audios that I had to do in order to put it together.

Also, I referred to Mixkit for nearly all of my audio, which is a great online resource for both music and sound.

By Kaiden Kuntz