About Me – Katelynn Burnett

by: Katelynn Burnett

Hello and welcome, to the world’s window into my journey as a Media Artist. My name is Katelynn Burnett and I am a mother, brand ambassador and small business owner who was born and raised in Oregon. I have the soul of a gypsy, but I feel most at peace when I am making art in the mountains of my home state. My favorite color is pink, I feel spiritually connected to elephants, my determination is insatiable and my blood is coffee.

I have been studying business, media and music for the last two years, but “The Arts” are a study I have dabbled in all of my life at varying stages, in varying manners. As an artist, this erratic growth pattern has resulted in an eclectic collection of hobbies, interests and skills. As a person, my experiences in life and the obstacles I have overcome are matched only by my ambitions for the future. I like to consider this thinking one of my biggest strengths. The beauty in this belief is that every new obstacle serves only to intensify my drive. The downside is that I have been known to overwork myself in the name of my craft.

I like to keep myself busy and enjoy fast paced work, so the somewhat hectic pace of Media Arts is a space of homeostasis for me. For the time I am learning to perfect my talents to a degree of personal satisfaction. In addition to my schooling and the daily care of my daughter, I spend my time building/running my business – Honest Olive Art & Design. From which I make and sell handmade arts, as well as graphic designs and logos/merchandise for small creators, entertainers and business owners. I also work as a brand ambassador for various cannabis brands in Oregon and as a freelance ambassador/model.

One really unique thing about my journey is that it all began with lyrics. About five years ago I decided to commit myself to pursuing my dream of becoming a songwriter. But the more I learned about the industries of music and business at large, the more I felt compelled towards a sense of complete artistic independence. I was aware that this meant a long road of growth, but that is not the kind of thing that can stop me. Now I intend to one day own my own production company, from which I can manage my own artistic and musical distributions as well as those of other artistic hopefuls in the PNW.

Thanks for taking the time to get to know a little more about me. Until my next entry, I wish you all the best.

-Katelynn